Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Fall Break.. Almost!!
Time just seems to fly here. I swear it is the early mornings and beautiful sun that greets us each day, but I may be biased. Kids are at school each morning by 7:30, and when Tatum has Junior police for the week she has to be there at 7! So needless to say our mornings begin a lot earlier here but it seems to make the day longer but quicker, if that makes any sense. Anyways, it dawned on me yesterday that the quarter ends on Friday and the kids have 6 days off of school. They have whats called Fall Break from mon- the following mon. It is crazy to think my kids are done with a full qrter and our friends in OR just started school. It often amazes me that one day it is Monday and before I know it is Friday. Which means we get to see Daddy, given that he works so much here we don't see him before 5 daily and many nights later if T has soccer or he has work to do at home. That all said I am really looking forward to fall break for many reasons.. No schedules, yes... crazy planner girl who thrives on a schedule likes a week here and there with no schedules. We only have dr appts with the kids new pediatricians and that is all I have planned.. Honestly, my plan is to let them sleep in while I go to the gym and to take them to the beach up the street each day.. I think I will so win "best Mommy" award!! But the best part of fall break is that my parents will be getting here on Friday the 5th.. Kids are super excited as are Jon and I. We have not seen them since April. Since T changed clubs and we ended up not traveling for soccer.. It is a short trip for them this time, only 10 days but we will take what we can get. They will be here to celebrate T's 12th bday.. ( no way I have a 12 yr old!!) We cleaned our back guest house/room for them yesterday and the kids have already made lists of what they want to do with them while they are here.. Between shopping at Ala Moana, hiking Makapuu, Diamond Head, and some of their favorite restaurants, oh and of course the beach.. they are gonna be tired!! Plus they will have to endure a sleepover with 9 girls for T's party! That's ok, that is why they, are here.. right! Other than that there is nothing on the horizon here.. Just taking each day for what it is and finally learning to let things go and enjoy the moment.. As most of you know this is a big step for me and very much not how I am wired, but I have realized that I appreciate everything that much more and am I much happier, healthier person then I have been in years!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment