Tuesday, December 18, 2012
the lowdown...
Well I obviously have been MIA!! All family has come and gone and now we get the news my parents are coming back.. YA!! We are thrilled. They will be here for almost a month and then return about 6 weeks later for about 5 weeks or so! I love that they will be here to celebrate J's bday and see the boys start of baseball season. I know my dad really loves seeing the boys play. They will then come back at spring break thru end of April to celebrate my bday as well as the boys.. I seriously could not ask for a better present then to have them here! That all said, things have been pure chaos here. We had a wonderful time with Jons mom and sister and I was really sad to see them go. Hoping they will come back ASAP.. (hint hint..) T's soccer is taking off and I am so in love with the person she is becoming on a personal level and a competitive level. The boys start baseball tonight, which seems to weird to me but will play thru July.. J has been very busy at work and finds his relief in surfing these days. I think he is finally getting used to the demands of the job especially since he is seeing the fruits of his labor paying off! Now, for me the last 2.5 months have been a nightmare.. besides being celiac, anemic and fighting my poor body on a daily basis over what it needs and wants vs. what my poor tummy can handle without making seriously ill I have been fighting a never ending sinus/ear infection. This last battle was the worst and I seriously felt worse then giving birth. It happen to occur on a night we had a party, so needless to say when I could not fall asleep after our last guest left at almost 2:30 am.. and began to walk around my house moaning, crying and began taking anything and everything in my medicine cabinet to alleviate the pain (which nothing worked..) my head, ear and cheek hurt soo bad. But no one in this house was capable of driving me to the ER.. I finally feel asleep around 8 am only to sleep till 3 which then my hubby was sober enough to drive me to the er.. another round of antibiotics and painkillers led us to finally realize it was a tooth issue. I went to the dentist and low and behold I had a cracked tooth that needed a root canal and it was the "root" of all problems. That all said I had it done yesterday and the funny thing was it was the best dental experience I have ever had. I went to a endodontic since my dentist did not have time to fit me. He was amazing and super nice. I walked out feeling no pain and am painless today, other then the flu or food poisoning J and I seem to have. I swear I cannot win. My body hates me and I cannot wait to meet with my dr and and start to figure all of tummy issues out. In the meantime J and I have started training for the Hawaii half marathon in March. I am super excited to have something to focus on and keep me motivated..So that all said we head into Christmas. I wrapped all the presents today and it seems so weird that just this weekend we had a soccer party for the holidays at the beach. I love the sun, but it just does not seem like Christmas. I will update after Christmas as I do not want to give away any presents.. we do a small holiday here and we are all ok with that.. We have no room or need for anything.. But the kids have some big surprises coming there way, especially T.. I will just say J and I win parents of the yr this year.. HAHA.. Her first surprise comes this Sunday and she will be so caught of guard I will see tears.. ( at least I better.. ) then the best gift of all is still coming and tears for sure will be involved! The boys are getting a Big Santa gift to share and I think they will be pretty stoked as well. It was hard to buy for them this year as they both only had 4 things on their list. I truly think they realize it is more about family then gifts. We did 2 big Christmas things for others this year. The boys adopted another little boy and got his some star wars legos. They felt very proud of themselves. Our other gift of love was a combined effort. T's team adopted a little girl their age who has aplastic anemia and is very ill. As a team we got her an Ipad mini, new shoes, new flat iron ( t picked it out.. ) clothes, hair accessories and some gift cards. A few of the girls, T included are presenting her with it all on monday. I so love the life lessons they are learning from these experience and hope they really take it all to heart and realize how truly blessed we are! Happy Holiday to you all..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment