Monday, September 26, 2011
A series of lasts....
The last few days have been hard for us as we have started to have our "last" of several things. The weekend was good for Tatum. She got to spend the entire weekend with her bff's Taylor and Jessie. Tina and I took the girls and Carson to the new movie dolphin Tail and then to dinner.. It amazes me how grown up these 3 have become and the fact that they have been inseperable for 6 years now.. She is blessed to have such great friends that we consider daughters!! T had he last games as an official Toro this weekend.. She won one and lost one and scored a goal. Her team has become so close so fast it was hard to say goodbye. They threw her a party yesterday, which was so thoughtful.. We are really going to miss both coach Eric and Coach Shane, along with all the girls and their families. We also went to her old teams game and said some goodbyes there as well. Even though she no longer plays there she loves and misses those girls greatly! As for Carson he played his last game as well. He too went out with a bang!! 3 goals, I missed his game since I was at T's but grandma and all of our friends were good about keeping me updated. Logan had nothing this weekend so he got to spend some qt with grandma and grandpa all by himself, and he loved every minute of it. We had our last BBQ night with the gang, which was far harder than I could have ever expected! These families are far more than just our best friends, they are our family! I cannot imagine my life at this moment without any of you and I expect many visits and Skype calls!! As we count down our last days here each day grows harder. My heart was very heavy today and i felt as if i could throw up at any moment and just when i needed it i got an amazing text from one of my bbf's that got me thru the day! I am not sure if this is so hard because Jon is not here to support me thru this or because I am an emotional basket case.. Probably both!! But I look forward to our new journey as a family and lots of sun..oh and seeing my poor hubby who has been by himself for the last 8 days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment