Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sports..sports..sports.. oh and some packing..

Well, we are down to the wire.. All of our stuff leaves on Wed. and then we will be off to live with grandma and grandpa for a few weeks. I am amazed at how much stuff we have accumulated over the 8 years we have been here and even more amazed at what we have gotten rid of! Once the packing is done I can relax and enjoy my last few weeks here with friends and family. With all we have going on at home in our crazed life of course sports does not end. The kids will be playing up until the day we leave. We have made such great friendships from all their teams, I hate to leave them. T is playing some great soccer and her team is really coming into their own. It is so fun to see them move the ball, switch the field and play "real" soccer. T had a goal this weekend and their team is 2-0 in league play.. They have come so far. Logan, Wow.. he is my stud. He rocked it out on the football field. I have seen his confidence grow each play and by the end of the game he was a totally different player than who started the game. He was loving being out there and I am so sad for him that his last game will be next weekend. He has made some good friends and has enjoyed the experience, especially since he gets Jon all to himself 4 days a week! Plus they beat Tualatin this week, what is better? Carson.. well let's just say he should have been on the football field. I missed his game since I was at Tatum's but apparently he was laying kids out. I think he has been watching a little to much of his sister! He too had a goal this weekend, but their poor team got killed! He enjoyed himself, and that is all that matters. I am thankful that the kids have sports and great friends to keep them distracted in this crazy time. The Grandparents have been great as well, taking turns hosting the kids overnight so that we can get things finished. I have always known how lucky we are to have family close and I am so sad to be leaving them, but I am looking forward to being a "family" and building new and even more meaningful relationships with my children and husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment