Friday, October 26, 2012
Here Come The Griffin's...Duncan's and Bishops...
I am so excited as I type this post!! First off we start our adventure of continuous family on Halloween night. Jon's brother Mike and his girlfriend Jen will be staying with us for about 2 weeks. We are thrilled!! J is so excited to see his brother and the kids look forward to spending some time with their auntie and uncle. He has so missed his family and he loves my family to death but this is very exciting and emotional for him.. it puts a huge smile on my face! Once they leave we get about a week to recoup and his mom Faye and my sweet nephew Olin come the day after thanksgiving and stay until the 10th of December. We are all so excited to see Mom as it has been a long time as most of you know Jon is very much a "mommas boy" and misses her dearly. We thought family visitors could not get better until my sister in law Leslie called yesterday saying she missed us and wished she could visit too.. She just "retired" from her job and is becoming a full time mommy to her 2 sweet boys. Since we never made it home this summer we have yet to meet her new baby Jimmy who was born in May. I told her that I thought the tickets were cheap at that point and she should look into it..thinking it would never happen as Leslie is so not an impulsive person.. But to my delight she called back to tell me she found cheap tickets and she and the baby were going to come a few days after Mom.. Can it get any better?? Yep, well fingers crossed her hubby Brandon will get to join them as well. I tell you we have missed them so much and I have been so disappointed that baby Jimmy is growing up and I have yet to meet him. In all honesty I was feeling a tad overwhelmed with all the visitors, only because I am a perfectionist and anxiety ridden, I don't know what the turning point was but I simply cannot wait.. I am trying to gather all the baby necessities, mattresses.. and so on. I love visitors, especially since we can just lay low and enjoy their vacation with them.. plus I am excited for them to see how happy we are and how much we as a family and as people have grown and changed.. Counting down days until Mike and Jen get here, knowing that our time with them will be fun, relaxing and much needed... followed by a great holiday seasons beginning with the rest of the crew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment