Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Number 12..

A little look back at T over the years...













                                           There was a point where she did dance... she loved it
                                                                     Kindergarten

                                                                      First Tooth


















I cannot even begin to explain to you the emotion I feel... where has 12 years gone? My first born baby girl is now a big girl.. I look back at pictures and see how much she has grown in not only size but her personality and outlook on life. I look at baby pictures and can remember each moment from the second she was born. I always wanted a brown little baby with big eyes and when she was born she was pale as a ghost and so not what I ordered.. I was pleased when she became jaundice and turned Orange.. HAHA.. She has always been the fairest of the 3 but has the most beautiful big brown eyes and cute little button nose. I still look at her daily and see the little things that are changing in her. She has always been outgoing, loud, focused and driven.. and now I see other things emerging from her.. She is still outgoing but a little more reserved. She is not as adventurous these days and likes to feel safe in her surroundings. She still has no common sense or street smarts, but is amazingly gifted when it comes to school. She is becoming kind hearted, sensitive, emotional, wears her heart on her sleeve kind of girl. It kills her to see homeless people and she thinks the "Occupy Honolulu" is just that.. she sees them and instantly breaks out in tears. It warms my heart to see the kindness and caring she has for others, even extending that to her brothers these days. On the home front becoming a "tween" that is there too.. She is sassy and sarcastic and definitely doesn't share as much with Jon as she used to.. Thank god she still tells me everything and I can relay it, but it still breaks his heart to see that she is not as upfront with him anymore when it comes to boys or her emotional status. I look at her daily and see how tall she is getting and her legs that go on forever. Her hair has lightened up so much since moving here and has beautiful sun streaks in it.. They call that "ehu" here. Thank god she still has no desire to wear makeup but she is obsessed with her long, beautiful hair and I often feel like I am living with Marsha Brady. I am so not ready for the late middle school yrs or HS when boys fully come into the picture. I love to just sit and have conversations with her about her dreams, goals and desires with today and the future. She tells us daily that she really wants to go to Stanford, but that U of O and U of Hawaii are her back ups. She would like to be valedictorian and plans on being an IB student starting next year (she is currently getting started with Gifted and Talented) Such big goals for a child who aspires to be a movie star or singer.. HAHA, she says her back ups are Architect or teacher. We shall see, I am just pleased that she has lofty goals and is taking steps to achieve them. Yes, that does mean we have our own version of American idol here. Good Lord, that child sings day and night and it usually involves headphones on her head so that makes it worse! She has a great voice, I will give her that... but she sings all day long. My dad calls her his little hummingbird.  We, as in Jon, myself and boys call her annoying. Terrible, yes we know but spend a day at our house and you will understand.. I swear our neighbors get a show each night when she takes a shower since the small window is open and she sings  her little heart out. In all reality I cannot be more thankful to have a daughter who is determined, respectful and full of life as Tatum.. Happy Birthday to my baby girl..


2 comments:

  1. 12!! wow!! Happy Birthday T. Her kindergarten picture makes me cry a bit.. because that is my baby girl. Miss seeing her, miss seeing your whole sweet family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? It is amazing to see the progression of pics as they grow.. We miss you all too..I love reading ur blog and cannot wait for trev to be home!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete